How to install Android 3.0 Honeycomb or 2.3 Gingerbread on PC Windows
In this Guide you will learn How to install Android 3.0 Honeycomb or 2.3 Gingerbread on PC Windows
If you want to test android 3.0 or Gingerbread on you windows pc, this guide will help you to do it.
Follow this step-by-step installation guide:
- Download Android SDK (installer_r10-windows.exe) and run it.
- Install Java Platform (JDK)
- Run SDK Manager and install the package below to install (Reject all other packages):
- SDK Platform Android 3.0, API 11 (for Android Honeycomb)
- SDK Platform Android 2.3.3 (for Android Gingerbread)
- Android SDK Platform-tools
- Android SDK Tools
- Select Virtual devices from left pane and create a new Android Virtual Device (AVD).
- Enter any name.
- Choose a Target (Android Honeycomb…)
- Enter a size for the emulator SD Card or leave it empty. (only for Android 2.3)
- Choose a Skin or enter any resolution.
- Click Create AVD.
- Now select your AVD and click the Start… button.
- Wait for a few seconds and you will see Android boot screen.
- Wait for the Android to boot and then explore your shiny new Android or install apps.
Note: If you receive “Failed to fetch url” error then follow the steps:
- Select “Settings” from the left sidebar
- Check the box labeled “Force https://… sources to be fetched using http://…”
- Click “Save and Apply”
- Close and restart the SDK Setup.