Let’s start with the steps and instructions given below, but always make sure you read the steps and instructions carefully and then understand the procedure, because if you fail to understand any step or make a mistake while upgrading it may result in bricking your device. And you may not be able to solve that issue.
Before you start with the Gingerbread XXJQ1 update process, ensure you take some of the pre-procedure instructions given below.
- This firmware package you are about to download and install is predominantly only for Samsung galaxy tab P1000 model, and doesn’t work on other tab models or smart phones, so do not try to experiment on other devices or it may result in failure.
- It is highly recommended that you make back up of your phone data, because firmware update is process which deals with the processor software installation of your phone, so there may be chances of getting your phone data erased. You can just move or copy all the files in your phone memory to SD card or store in your computer by creating a back up file or back up using any android application if you have downloaded and installed it on your phone.
- Check the battery charge in your device and charge it before you start with the rooting process, this is just a precautionary measure, so that low battery charge doesn’t interrupt the procedure. So it better to charge the device to a sufficient extent like 50 to 70 %.
- Before you download the Gingerbread update package and other tools which are essential for the process make sure you have turned off and closed all the applications running on your PC and this includes Firewalls, KIES and other antivirus applications.
- Always remember to take out the external SD card from its slot before you connect the device to your PC during firmware update process, and also remove the SIM card if it is present.
Steps to install Gingerbread 2.3.3 XXJQ1 to Galaxy Tab P1000:
- Download the complete android Gingerbread package for your Samsung Galaxy tab P1000, once you finish downloading the file, extract the zip file into a particular folder or to desktop, so that it will be available easily the next time you are in need of it.
- Once you extract it , you can see 3 different files present in it, now in that select the file called Odin3 tool from the downloaded firmware package, once you double click on Odin tool, you can see the Odin 3 pop up screen launched on your PC, on this Odin screen you can see several boxes and other different tabs, make sure to check the options Re Partition, Auto Reboot and also the F: Reset Time in the Odin pop up window.
- Now before connecting your Galaxy Tab, put the device on download mode, to enter download mode press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds till you see an android digger logo inside a yellow triangle, which also displays message of downloading process and not to turn off the device.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab to your computer via USB cable which is displaying downloading on its screen. After connecting the device , the ID :COM box on Odin3 tool on your PC changes to yellow color, this indicates that your Galaxy Tab is detected on your PC.
- Now click on PIT option in Odin 3 and browse the file gt-p1000_mr.pit which you downloaded and the one which is content of extracted zip package.
- Now similarly click on PDA tab option in Odin 3 and browse and selectP1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar which is a zip file present in the extracted package.
- Make sure to check once again the options or steps 5 &6 correct. And no need to make any other changer apart from the given steps.
- Once you are done with the selection of above given two files, click on START, this step starts flashing the gingerbread firmware to your device which takes about few minutes and the box turns to green color and displays a PASS message on it, this message display indicates that the updating process is completed.
Now check if you done 100 % the firmware version of your device by opening keypad on your TAB and type*#1234#
NOTE : DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK